Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why Africa?

As it is now 2009, it seems that I have been thinking of what God will have planned for me in this next year. It is something you should always think about, and one thing I feel God has been putting on my heart in the past few months has been Africa.

It all started last summer when I watched what is now my favorite movie, Blood Diamond. The entire view it portrayed of Africa opened my heart to something only God could have put there, and since then I have hoped highly to go there someday. And it seems as of now that that dream has come true.

Our church will be doing a missions trip to Zambia this summer, and right away I knew it was for me. So on top of just watching Darfur Now; seeing Hotel Rwanda this past fall and reading many things about African cultures, it seems that God has picked Africa to be in my life this coming year.

So what has God put on your heart in 2009?

No comments: