Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inspiration

Instead of trying to define "inspiration," why not define it for yourselves? So here's the question: what does inspiration mean to you? And where do you seek your inspiration?

In a general perspective, I seek my inspirations - usually - through science, running and astronomy. I simply love to conduct experiments and to take many hours just staring at the sky sometimes, and too did I enjoy running to the point that I could keel over. I also am in love with worldly culture, and whatever chance I'd get at traveling the world I would take it. And too am I in love with music. Although my favorite song changes often, as of now my favorite bands are Life in Your Way, Hillsong, Skillet, Newsboys, DC Talk and Sanctus Real, in which every one of these band's message's bring me closer to God as I listen to their songs.

So now it's your turn. What are your inspirations? Do you seek God in them? They're not easy questions always, but the point is that God [inspires] people to do good for his name. "He said to them, 'This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.' [Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.] He told them, 'This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. [You are witnesses of these things.]'" - Luke 24:44-48.

Here is an example of inspiration. It may not be a super-clear-and-evident message, but it stands as an example for what God calls us to do with our inspirations. And emphasizing the phrases with [blocks] around them stand as messages in which how inspiration can be applied to our lives. God does this: He opens our eyes to the things we love, and then He asks of us that we stand as a witness of His workmanship, we stand as a living inspiration of Christ. Now the real question for you to ask yourself is this: How can I use my inspiration to serve God?

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure." - Eric Liddell; Olympic Gold Medal Winner in the 1924 Olympics in Paris and a Christian missionary in China.

No comments: