Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Book Update - February

It seems strange to say this in my book update, but truly my book will be coming to a close because I feel God has called me to do so. Looking back, yes I had a lot of good things to write about - including many people complementing me on how "awesome" it was - but I feel that it was written more for the glory of myself rather than God. That is why I have chosen to discontinue it and if I do write a book, I want it to be for the glory of the Lord instead of me.

I hadn't really noticed it was out of selfishness until this past weekend, in which I truly learned why "actions really do speak louder than words." And this Bible verse also made me think about the aspect of doing things [for] the Lord that actually aren't [for] Him.

"'Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" - Matthew 7:21-23.

So maybe in the end, we have to be more careful about what we do, how we do it, and who it is supposed to glorify in the end.

No comments: