Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Love For Others

Since it is Valentine's Day, I'll make tribute to those who I love. In a sense, that is literally everybody whom I know and don't know. Not trying to sound like a hippie, but there has been a verse recently that has captured my heart, in which it speaks of the love we must have for each other.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:8. It makes a good point that we all need to love each other no matter what. To have the love of God conquers many sins such as: jealousy, lust, hatred, inner incompatibility, etc. And I don't think the verse's objective is for us to conquer sin, yet rather love each other no matter what. In this, all the sins listed above are conquered. Yet this can only happen if our love for each other comes from ourselves [individually] first.

Also, last night my dad and I pulled off another movie night together in which we watched the gut-wrenching and moving Black Hawk Down. There was a line at the end of the movie that caught my attention and talked a lot about the love soldiers' have for each other. The character was talking about how many people do not understand why so many lay down their lives for one another, here is how he responds: "They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is."

[All] that matters are the people next to you. The ones you love. And the ones you should love.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy Valentine's day :)