Friday, February 6, 2009

Transforming "The" and "A" Into "Many"

Just the other day at Track practice, I was asked by a fellow teammate: "What do you think the meaning of life is?" It was funny because I had a definite and direct answer. It was: "I don't know."

Truly, I feel that with all of the Theories and Laws of this world, the idea of there being [a] meaning of life has been falsely perceived into something that needs a definite answer. Which it doesn't. Will non-believers ever disprove God? Will believers ever prove God? Will 50% of Americans ever figure out that Africa isn't a country? Probably not. In this same way, maybe to believe that there is [a] meaning of life is simply to possess faith - that there is one.

In my personal opinion of researching and discovering God more and more, it is clear - and proven - to me that God exists. I have felt His work on my life, I have seen my prayers take action through His works, I have had spiritual highs, doubts, curiosity and learning experiences in which all of them have been used for a purpose. Such purposes include discussions with non-believers and providing accountability to believers. Can anyone claim this testimony false? Certainly not.

So in this, I have seen, felt and heard God's work and [calling] in my life. Which has led me to believe that there is not [a meaning] of life, but rather [many meanings.] Someone's calling for Christ may be different than mine simply because of cultural differences or the way they feel His calling on their lives. Wouldn't we then have seperate opinions? Of course.

So all in all, don't worry about discovering [the] or [a] meaning of life, because there is none, it is simply [your] meaning that you form through your knowledge and state-of-mind. And too don't worry about trying to prove or disprove something that cannot be proven neither disproven. I mean it is not bad to discuss philosophy, creation, evolution and other theories, but it is the fact that the Theory of Gravity applies to us all - we must all follow it. It is proven. But what about your own theories? What about God's work one your life? Can we prove it? With exceptions, no. But it should be our mission to discover who God is, because although He will not [prove] himself to the world, it is obvious that God exists because of the [many] that have felt His work. If you want to see God's work or want to have evidence of His existence, I cannot provide a 1-800 number that can help explain, but this verse comes from the Bible - which explains it all.

"...and those who seek me find me." - Proverbs 8:17.

No comments: